[EXTERNAL] Re: FAST OTP

Machin, Glenn D GMachin at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 29 08:10:08 EDT 2016

Thanks I will look into using sssd.

> RHEL 7 also has IdM (open source project is FreeIPA
>    http://www.freeipa.org/page/Main_Page) that includes MIT Kerberos server
>    as part of its domain controller offering which is free.

Dmitri – thanks, however we already have an IDM with Kerberos, LDAP, DNS management and keytab generation and management services.  If I was starting from scratch using FreeIPA would be a no brainer.

Appreciate the help.

Glenn

On 8/28/16, 3:57 PM, "kerberos-bounces at mit.edu on behalf of Dmitri Pal" <kerberos-bounces at mit.edu on behalf of dpal at redhat.com> wrote:

    On 08/27/2016 09:10 PM, Machin, Glenn D wrote:
    > Thanks to Dio I was able to get the Pkinit Anonymous working to enable the armor key.   I noticed that RedHat 7 supports OTP in Kerberos and the kinit works fine.   You do need to force TCP for Kerberos,  since the radius transaction can take longer than a second to complete at times. Using UDP I was getting a failure on the RH7 system (a VM on my laptop) because the initial AS_REQ did not complete until after a second AS_REQ was sent, which failed, while the first came back successful.
    >
    > Next step was to be able to use it for login/sudo.    I modified the pam_krb5 step to below in system-auth.   What I see on the KDC are only encrypted timestamp preauth.
    >
    > Can RHEL7 pam_krb5 do OTP?
    >
    >        auth        [success=done authinfo_unavail=ignore new_authtok_reqd=ok ignore=ignore default=die]    pam_krb5.so no_initial_prompt no_subsequent_prompt armor=true armor_strategy=pkinit

    SSSD rather than pam_krb5.
    https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/

    You an fact need to use TCP for the reasons you described and SSSD does
    it for you.
    RHEL 7 also has IdM (open source project is FreeIPA
    http://www.freeipa.org/page/Main_Page) that includes MIT Kerberos server
    as part of its domain controller offering which is free.
    All the manual things you are exploring now are taken care for you in
    RHEL 7, Fedora and CentOS using IdM/FreeIPA and its client that
    configures SSSD, Kerberos client, DNS and other parts of the system.

    Thanks
    Dmitri