Searching a debugging tool for kerberos inside Windows 10 Desktop

Pablo Silva psilva at bbr.cl
Thu Aug 25 07:53:29 EDT 2016

Hi! Dear Colleagues,

        I'm taking my first steps in using kerberos, our goal is to authenticate users who wish to use their Windows desktops via FreeIPA.

       The issue is that we have done both FreeIPA configuration as in the windows client, but every time I try to use my credentials that exist in FreeIPA, I see an error message in windows logs indicating:

       The Security System detected an authentication error for the server DNS/ds1.bbr.cl. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "No authority could be contacted for authentication.
   (0x80090311)".

       The kerberos configuration inside the windows desktop is:

C:\Windows\system32>ksetup
default realm = BBR.CL (external)
BBR.CL:
          kdc = testwin10.areaprod.b2b
          kpasswd = testwin10.areaprod.b2b
          Realm Flags = 0x0No Realm Flags
Mapping all users (*) to a local account by the same name (*).

C:\Windows\system32>

    the KDC is tha same desktop.. is ok? or there is a mistake?

    I don't know how i can to do debug, for detect the bug in the configuration.., searching by google, i can to find the following project:

       http://blog.michelbarneveld.nl/michel/archive/2009/12/05/kerberos-authentication-tester.aspx

       Is very nice the tool, but i need one for debug the authentication using kerberos againts to freeipa server, no http server..., also i tryed to usehttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/262177, but without success in my desktop windows 10.

       Thanks in advance, if you have any hint for this..

-Pablo

ps: FreeIPa Server configuration for Kerberoshttps://www.freeipa.org/page/Windows_authentication_against_FreeIPA