krb5-1.14.3, make check, test3: btree: failed

squidmobile@fastmail.fm squidmobile at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 8 12:33:43 EDT 2016

sorry for the delay.  i've been busy, and i expect this week to
be extremely busy.

>>     Test 3: btree: small key, big data pairs
>>         page size 512
>>         page size 16384
>>         page size 16384
>>         page size 65536
>>     dbtest: write: Success
>>     test3: btree: page size 65536: failed

> I'm not sure we've seen that failure before.  Did any previous
> releases work successfully for you in that test?  Can you tell
> us more about your platform?  (OS, CPU architecture, etc.)

yes.  i run multiple platforms: xen vm, xen dom0 (hardware), hp
laptop.  as i recall, i ran these tests many times over the years
with multiple versions of krb5.  this marks the first time i
noticed any errors like this.  unfortunately, i forget on which
platform i received these errors.  i'll have to retrace my steps.

uname -a reports this on my laptop
  Linux <system-name> 3.10.17 #1 Sun Jul 24 13:35:57 EDT 2016 i686
  Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor         1.30GHz GenuineIntel
  GNU/Linux

desktop = intel i3 quad cpu

i'm not sure, but i think these errors occurred on my laptop.

my kdc's exist as xen vm's.  my laptop exists as a krb5 client.
my xen dom0 and other xen vm's exist as krb5 clients.

all of these systems run linux 3.10.17

thank you for your time and assistance.

frank smith
--