ApacheDS kerberos server

Osipov, Michael michael.osipov at siemens.com
Fri Apr 29 15:36:14 EDT 2016

> Hi, I would get advice on using AppacheDS kerberos server, which is a java
> implementation of krb5.
> Is that production ready? Anyone has use it in prod? Is it 100% compatible
> with KDC servers. That is,  existing KDC  clients will continue to  work?
> Thanks a lot.

Wrong mailing list, this is for Kerberos in general and MIT Kerberos in particular.
If you do plan not do use Active Directory and have a Unix-only environment, I would
Always go for MIT Kerberos, alternatively consider Samba 4.x or Active Directory.
Oracle's Kerberos implementation is simply not on par with the one in Heimdal/MIT
Kerberos or Active Directory.

Michael