Kerberos - Price

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:33:21 EDT 2016

On Apr 11, 2016 6:39 PM, "Tom Yu" <tlyu at mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi, please drop krbdev at mit.edu from replies to this thread.  The krbdev
> list is for communciation among participants in the MIT Kerberos open
> source project.
>
> Elna van Rooyen <elnavanrooyen at pnp.co.za> writes:
>
> > I would like to know what the new price for Kerberos is.
> > We are using HPUX and Windows and would like to setup SSO between SAP
and Windows.

> MIT Kerberos is open source and is available free of charge:
> http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/mitK5license.html
>
> Other implementations might not be.

      I also would add the OP needs to be a bit more detailed in
requirements. For instance, where are you creating your users, and how you
are authenticating your windows users and related resources.

Second, you have to decide how far you want to get into kerberos and LDAP.
There are commercial solutions, AD included, that protect you from the
technical details.