Fwd: Queries for Kerb Auth using Certificates and KCD for linux Reverse Proxy

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Wed Sep 2 11:01:10 EDT 2015

On 09/01/2015 01:14 AM, Amit Thukral wrote:
> Am getting numeric error code of 5, i.e. "Input/output error" from
> following function in get_in_tkt.c
>  krb5int_get_init_creds (..) {
> 1654        code = init_creds_get(context, ctx, use_master);
> (gdb)
> 1655        if (code != 0)
> (gdb) p code
> $5 = 5
> I don't know what it means ?

There are three cases in PKINIT which can result in EIO; we ought to
have better diagnostics for all of them, but don't.  In all three cases,
the PKINIT code tried to read a configured filename for a certificate or
key but failed.  You could try using strace to find out which file it is
and what the error was.