Bug/kadmind: Required parameters in kdc.conf missing while initializing, aborting

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Fri Nov 6 12:24:34 EST 2015

On 11/03/2015 05:25 AM, Alexander Pánek wrote:
> I get that I’m probably not supposed to set this entry to anything but a valid absolute time, but it would be very helpful if kadmind actually told me that it’s not valid and also accepts the default value. Basically the error message tells me the opposite of what kadmind wants. :)

I agree with this conclusion.  This seems like a questionable parameter
in the first place; how often would an administrator want to set an
absolute expiration time for a realm?  It seems like a relative time
would have made more sense.  Regardless, the documentation should not
specify a default that doesn't parse, and the error message when it
doesn't parse should be specific.

You can create a bug report by sending mail to krb5-bugs at mit.edu.