how to set ldap connection timeout in KDC

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Tue Nov 3 13:02:37 EST 2015

On 11/02/2015 04:55 PM, Jim Shi wrote:
> Hi, I try to find out what is the default ldap connection timeout in KDC.
> I looked at the kdc source code and could not find out.
> Is there a way to override the default timeout?

It looks like the timeout is hardcoded to 10 seconds in
krb5_ldap_db_init(), where we set the LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT option.
This doesn't seem like good behavior on our part; we should either make
it configurable, or let the LDAP library use its default (which is no
timeout, but could be overridden via ldap.conf).