gssapi32.dll

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Mon May 4 13:50:48 EDT 2015

On 5/1/2015 3:32 PM, Jeffery Dowell wrote:
> Here are the properties on the file:
>
> Krb5_32.dll
> Kerberos v5 - MIT GSS / Kerberos v5 distribution
> Version 1.2.1.0
> Product Name: MIT Kerberos v5
> Size: 372KB
> Date modified: 10/17/2009

This is really old.  It predates KFW 3.0.

> It is actually found in C:\windows\sysWOW64 on very few of our computers.

SysWOW64 is the directory used to hold files the were written to
System32 by 32-bit processes on 64-bit Windows.

> The ones that do have the file in that directory had the error message.

That makes sense because the DLL is in the search path and gssapi32.dll
is not linked to krb5_32.dll with an assembly manifest.  Therefore, the
first matching file on the PATH will be used.

Jeffrey Altman