Kerberos for Windows & MSLSA Cache

Christopher Penney cpenney at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:52:29 EST 2015

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk at mit.edu> wrote:

> I believe I have fixed these bugs in the krb5 development branch, but they
> have not made it into a new KfW release yet.  If you are interested in
> building KfW from the latest sources, I would be interested to hear if
> that resolves your problems.

That's good to know, thanks.  I might try that though I'm not much of a
developer.  Is there any ETA (even if rough) for when this would make it to
a "released" version?

> > I'm also experiencing a problem where (using either MSLSA: or a file for
> > the CC) I can renew tickets just fine from a cmd window using '"kinit
> -R",
> > but the MIT Kerberos.exe sys tray tool crashes when it tries to renew.  I
> > get the following in event viewer:
>
> I am less sure about this issue.  It is possible that it is related to the
> UAC permissions mentioned above, but it may be a different issue.

I should have noted this in the original note, but it seemed like it used
to work (we've been using KfW for about 6 months), but recently broken.
The user sample size is really small here though so it's hard to tell.  Is
there anything I can do to help pin it down (e.g. debugging flags I'm not
aware of)?

   Chris