kerberos - Kadmin does not work

arun elango arunelango89 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:32:59 EST 2015

Hi Ben,

Thanks.

Yes , Kpasswd can be used . But it requires users interaction in the
console , I am looking for other methods wherein users dont need to enter
their passwords in the console. i.e pass the parameters to the kpasswd
console programatically .

However , I heard from one of the members in the mailing list that it is
not possible to avoid user interaction. See below for our interaction.

Regards,
AK

arun elango <arunelango89 at gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to use kpasswd without user interaction i:e not having
> user to enter their password in the console.

Oh, that's actually a legitimate cause of that error message.  Okay.

It's not possible to use *kpasswd* without user interaction, but it's
definitely possible to use the underlying call to change a user's password
without interaction.  Look at kadmin, particularly kadmin change_password.

kerberos at mit.edu can help further with that.