kerberos - Kadmin does not work

Jeremy Hunt jeremyh at optimation.com.au
Wed Mar 4 15:47:27 EST 2015

 Hi Arun,

You should also answer Mauricio's question, but did you know
kadmin.local should only be run on the KDCs, and should only really be
run on the Master KDC.

If you want to connect to the Master KDC from a client or a Replica
KDC, then you should run the 'admin' program.

So when you say you installed kerberos on a PC, did you install it as
a client system, a replica KDC or as the Master KDC ? If it is not as
the Master KDC, then admin.local will not work.

Kind Regards,

Jeremy Hunt