Kerberos Query

Brandon Allbery ballbery at sinenomine.net
Mon Mar 2 23:37:10 EST 2015

On Tue, 2015-03-03 at 10:25 +0800, arun elango wrote:
> What is the root cause behind the error below:
>
> "Inappropriate  I/O control operation getting initial ticket".
>
> The CIRCUMSTANCE is when I try to change password using kpassword , i try
> to pass the arguments to the console programatically. Thats when i get this
> error.

You will need to use a pty instead of a pipe to run kinit that way: it
requires a terminal, or something that looks like one. The error is
because it is performing a terminal-specific device control operation
(switching off key echo).

You might want to look at something like "expect" which is available as
a library for many different programming languages. However, you'd do
better to find a Kerberos library for that language instead.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh                           sine nomine associates
allbery.b at gmail.com                              ballbery at sinenomine.net
unix openafs kerberos infrastructure xmonad        http://sinenomine.net