Does this separate thread connection need another as_req/rep pair?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 20 16:58:56 EDT 2015

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015, Chris Hecker wrote:

> I think was unclear.  I don't think there's a way to avoid a wasted
> allocation here.  I'm happy to have separate keys per thread, but there are
> three keyblocks allocated in this scenario:  there's the original, get
> allocates a copy, set allocates a copy, then I have to free the one from
> get because it's not used.  There should be a version of set that takes
> ownership of the memory, I think.  Make sense?

I do now understand what you were saying in a way that I did not before;
thanks for the clarification.

That said, I don't think that API should exist outside your personal fork,
since it's only useful in specific cases and complicates the memory
ownership story.

-Ben