Erratic behavior of full resync process

Leonard J. Peirce leonard.peirce+kerberos at wmich.edu
Wed Jun 10 14:11:53 EDT 2015

This has been resolved.  The problem was a lack of entropy that caused
kadmind to block while reading /dev/random and of course refuse connections
from kpropd.  I installed/started haveged and kadmind now starts up fine.

Since we've always run Kerberos on Solaris we never had a problem with
kadmind and /dev/random since Solaris apparently uses both hardware
and software for random number generation.

The complaints from kadmind about clock skew problems threw me off
for while.

--
Leonard J. Peirce
Western Michigan University