Purpose of the kerberos.ldif file

Yann Soubeyrand yann.soubeyrand at gmx.fr
Sun Jul 12 06:17:44 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm currently configuring Kerberos to use OpenLDAP as a backend and I'm
wondering what is the purpose of the file
src/plugins/kdb/ldap/libkdb_ldap/kerberos.ldif in the Mit Kerberos
sources.

Indeed, this file cannot be added to OpenLDAP as is and must be
converted to the on line configuration format. My question is: what is
the purpose of this file? Was it written for OpenLDAP or for another
LDAP server? Should I convert this file and ask for the converted file
to be integrated in the Mit Kerberos sources?

Thanks in advance for your answers
Best regards

Yann

PS: please keep me in CC as I'm not subscribed to this list, thanks.