NT hashes in krb5

Zaid Arafeh zarafeh at live.com
Tue Jan 20 00:08:15 EST 2015

Hello Greg and all,

I have the krbtgt password now.. I reset the password and using a manually entered one (beauty of a lab)

I want to create a a TGT in  ASN1 format. I have a tool that creates custom tickets  for Windows (metasploit), it takes three parameters
1- rc4 hash of krbtgt password
2- domain SID, or security identifier
3- principal name

My questions are
1- are there structural differences between MS tickets and MIT tickets? I tried putting a windows Kerberos ticket in /tmp/ after renaming it and got a format error when I ran klist
2- by putting the ticket in the client's /tmp/ am I properly injecting it in cache?
3-  If there are differences in asn.1 formatting, what's the best way to modify the ticket to ensure compatibility
4- is it trivial to create a Kerberos ticket from scratch, given that i have all principle secrets?

Thanks!