krb5 + NFS rpc.svcgssd - GSS_S_FAILURE - Wrong principal in request

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 23 00:16:38 EST 2015

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015, 0xbabaf00l wrote:

Thank you for the large quantity of data supplied; it contains most of the
output that would usually be asked for upon a question like this.

> I ran tcpdump, but there is no communication to the kdc when rpv.svcgssd starts.

It is expected for there to be no traffic between a kerberos service and
the KDC during normal operation.

> Any idea what's wrong?

Does the NFS server hostname match the created principal?  `hostname`,
`hostname -f`, and entries for 127.0.* and the hostname from /etc/hosts
are potentially interesting.

-Ben