ldap backend - krbPrincipalName substring search

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Apr 6 18:09:14 EDT 2015

Hmm, looks like Greg just replied to that bug? What is the expected failure?
Would the index be ignored and entries be found, but at the cost of a full
scan? Or would the index be invalid and result in the entries not being
found at all?

> 2. OpenLDAP's "not indexed" messages do not mean that you should enable
> indexing without first analyzing the search request sent.

Understood; part of my analysis is figuring out what Kerberos functionality
might avail of that index :).

Thanks