msktutil under new management

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Wed Oct 29 16:25:20 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I've accepted a new job at Red Hat working with the Ceph engineering
team, and I'll be leaving USGS on October 31. Since my work on msktutil
was related to my job at USGS, I'm stepping down as a maintainer on the
project. (This isn't a request from my new employer - it's just that my
wife and I had a new baby this summer, and I can't commit the time that
I once could when I was on staff at USGS.)

Mark Pröhl and Olaf Flebbe have been essentially carrying on the
msktutil project for the past year or two, so they are going to be the
official maintainers going forward. Mark and Olaf have full
administrator access to the Git repository, SourceForge, and Google
Code.

Previous releases of msktutil were signed by my personal GPG key; since
Mark doesn't have that key, please note that future releases won't be
signed with it :)

msktutil comes from a long line of previous maintainers and I thank each
of you for allowing me to add a tiny bit to your work. Thanks also to
Mark and Olaf for the work they've done over the past years - I'm sure
you will do a great job going forward.

I currently maintain the msktutil packages for Fedora and EPEL, and I'm
tentatively planning to continue to do so, at least for the immediate
future. I definitely welcome co-maintainers, and please get in touch if
you'd like to take over this part of msktutil.

- Ken