Cannot contact any KDC for realm

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 24 12:47:35 EDT 2014

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014, Lars Hanke wrote:

> During boot of my system (Debian Wheezy) k5start is invoked to supply a
> ticket for accessing the AD DC by nslcd. However, during boot it fails:

Do you have kdc entries explicitly listed in the appropriate [realms]
section in your krb5.conf, or do you rely on DNS SRV records?

The most obvious cause would be that either the network is not available
at all, or DNS resolution is not available, at that point in the boot
order.  The init script invoking k5start would need to be modified to
depend on those services appropriately.

-Ben