Switch kerberos man pages to Docbook?

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Tue Oct 14 22:40:52 EDT 2014

Lionel Cons <lionelcons1972 at gmail.com> writes:

> Well, its custom from the viewpoint that none of the professional
> localization tools support it. Its basically all handcrafted with no
> way to facilitate translation and its painful to update. That's why
> we'd like to propose a switch to docbook/xml...

Sphinx supports gettext *.pot files for localization.  I'm sure some
professional localization tools must support that, since it's by far the
most common localization approach for C source packages and is widely used
by (e.g.) the GNU Project and Debian.

I don't know if the specific way that Sphinx is used with the MIT Kerberos
documentation is set up for that method of localization, but it should be
possible.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>