about the old tag kdc_supported_enctypes in kdc.conf

Giuseppe Mazza g.mazza at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 06:45:58 EDT 2014

Dear All,

It seems to me that the tag kdc_supported_enctypes is not used in the
file kdc.conf anymore:

root at ubuntu1404:~# aptitude show krb5-kdc | grep Version
    Version: 1.12+dfsg-2ubuntu5.2

root at ubuntu1404:~# zcat /usr/share/man/man5/kdc.conf.5.gz | grep
supported_enctypes
.B \fBsupported_enctypes\fP
         supported_enctypes = des3\-hmac\-sha1:normal
des\-cbc\-crc:normal des\-cbc\-crc:v4

i.e. there is no mention about the tag "kdc_supported_enctypes"

I had that tag in the configuration of my old kerberos server, but I
have not added it in the new one.

I would like to double check this thing with you.

Thank you in advance.

All the best,
Giuseppe