API for verifying authenticator checksum?

Peter Mogensen apm at one.com
Thu Nov 27 02:34:50 EST 2014

Hi,

I was looking at libkrb5 for the public API mirroring "in_data" in
krb5_mk_req()
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-current/doc/appdev/refs/api/krb5_mk_req.html

But I failed to find any.
It looks like you're supposed to get the Authenticator and  then the
checksum from the Authenticator manually and compare it against a
checksum you manually build.
But many of the needed call are either listed as deprecated or not to be
called directly and the comp_cksum() call that the KDC uses for TGS-REQs
aren't even public.

Have I missed some part of the API or are there really no easy way to
verify the cksum created by mk_req() in_data ?

/Peter