Solaris 5.10 X86 kerberos libraries and remctl

Booker Bense bbense at gmail.com
Fri May 30 15:16:22 EDT 2014

I'm attempting to use remctl on Solaris 5.10 x86, using the vendor provided
gssapi libraries and I am getting this error.

GSS-API error while accepting context: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code
may provide more information, Bad encryption type

I've tried trimming the enctypes on the server principal to the des3 and
arc-four types, but the error persists. The client is using the same
libgss, so I suspect the error message is a red herring. If I start the
server w/o specifying the host principal, I get the same major error code,
but with a zero value for the minor code.

remctld
 gssapi accept context failed 851968, 0
remctld: GSS-API error while accepting context: Unspecified GSS failure.
 Minor code may provide more information

remctld -s host/foobar.slac.stanford.edu

remctld: received context token (size=641)
remctld: gssapi accept context failed 851968, 2529639100

My next step would be to compile a kerberos library on the host and use
that, so I'm posting this in the faint hope that some one else has seen the
error before.

- Booker C. Bense