krb5-1.12.1 and client keytab file

Brandon Allbery ballbery at sinenomine.net
Thu May 29 14:38:38 EDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 13:35 -0400, squidmobile at fastmail.fm wrote:
>   KRB5_CLIENT_KTNAME=./some.key.file kinit
> at this point, kinit did what it wanted and not what i expected.

I am not sure kinit will automatically use the keytab just because the
environment variable is there. I would expect the envar sets a default
for the -t (or possibly -i, in which case you need to specify that)
option, and you still need to specify -k for it to use a keytab at all.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh                           sine nomine associates
allbery.b at gmail.com                              ballbery at sinenomine.net
unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad    http://sinenomine.net