pre-authentication attacks

Ben H bhendin at gmail.com
Thu May 15 10:20:27 EDT 2014

Great - thanks - I agree with pretty much all of that.  My questions was
again more of a theoretical "what does it really provide?" and are those
benefits worth any possible risk.
I think that Greg's answer that enc time pre-auth is only slightly more
negligible to brute force than without it and the advantages we discussed
(although not always in place) helps me buy into pre-auth as a good thing
overall as it does reduce the overall footprint.

I still need to research FAST which will be on my list after I finish
review of the original RFCs again.