Configure error with Kerberos V5 Release 1.12.1 from the github repository

Barry M Lance bmlance at student.ysu.edu
Fri Mar 28 23:57:49 EDT 2014

I was wondering if anyone else has tried building this release from the github repository (git://github.com/krb5/krb5.git)? Maybe I'm just having a brain dead moment, but the git downloaded release will not complete the configure script. It throws an error saying it is missing include/autoconf.h.in. I look in the include directory and the file is indeed missing.  As a check, I downloaded the tarball and several autoconf files exist in include.  If I copy these files into my git tree, configure/make run cleanly.  Am I missing something or were these maybe overlooked in the github repository? Not a big deal for me since the tarball worked just fine, but thought I'd throw this out there in case someone else might be struggling with the issue when building the current release from github.

Thanks

Barry Lance