pan_krb5 not being called by su - root?

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Thu Mar 27 14:11:42 EDT 2014

Wendy Lin <wendlin1974 at gmail.com> writes:

> No No. I was asking for s su - root, for a plain, normal user. In that
> case pam_krb5 is not called, or does not fill in any tickets. But a
> kinit afterwards as user root does fill in the tickets

I don't know why it would not be called in that case.  It certainly
normally is.  You can try adding the "debug" parameter to the pam_krb5.so
configuration in PAM, which will give you more verbose syslog logging of
what the module sees and may be helpful in determining exactly what's
happening.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>