Transferring NFSv4 nfs/ keys from KDC to client?

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 09:59:18 EDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-03-20 at 14:24 +0100, ольга крыжановская wrote:
> Simo, please be careful with advertising. Fedora has the same problem.
>
> Olga
>
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Simo Sorce <simo at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2014-03-20 at 13:05 +0100, Wendy Lin wrote:
> >> Doable, but it will take months to migrate. What do not understand is
> >> that no one, say Linus or friends, *test* their stuff it it is really
> >> interoperable with the rest of the world. It hurts, badly.
> >>
> > I am sure if you buy a service contract from a distribution you will get
> > tested stuff, documentation and help with this kind of issues... just
> > saying.

Sorry I do not want to go too OT, but evidently my message was too short
to convey what I meant:

	It is not nice to complain about free gifts.

If you want a serviced product there are various companies:
Canonical, Oracle, Red Hat, Suse, and others that offer commercial
solutions, that are tested and provide support if they have bugs.

Fedora is not a commercially supported distribution either, it is
community supported, and a great distro, but if you have issues and do
not have the time/knowledge to fix them yourself you should clearly opt
for a serviced distribution, and not complain on lists,
that is all.

Simo.

(I will not reply to further messages on the topic, I do not think a
long discussion about this is really appropriate for this list)

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York