Fwd: Kerberos5 ticket auto renewal

Tomas Kuthan tomas.kuthan at oracle.com
Tue Mar 18 08:54:36 EDT 2014

Hi Wendy,

(I can only comment on Solaris)

I suppose, you are referring to automatic renewal of tickets by
ktkt_warnd. ktkt_warn service is enabled by default, but there are
upgrade scenarios, were you can end up with ktkt_warn disabled. Run
'svcs ktkt_warn' to confirm.

If ktkt_warn is up and running, it could also be user-principal
discrepancy. IIRC, ktkt_warn won't register a warning for a principal
that doesn't map to your uid (such as running 'kinit username' as root).

Tomas