Request to change MIT Kerberos behavior when principal is expired, deleted or password changed

Edgecombe, Jason jwedgeco at uncc.edu
Thu Mar 6 11:52:40 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

I would like to request a change in how MIT Kerberos behaves. I would like for KDC's to reject all requests to issue or renew tickets if the principal is deleted or expired.

On a different note, it couldn't hurt to discuss rejecting old tickets after a password change as well.

The current behavior is that a valid ticket may be renewed even if the principal has expired, the principal is deleted or the password has been changed after tickets were issued.

I appreciate any help in how to request this.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Edgecombe | Linux and Solaris Administrator
UNC Charlotte | The William States Lee College of Engineering
9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
Phone: 704-687-1943
jwedgeco at uncc.edu | http://engr.uncc.edu |  Facebook
If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone at 704-687-1943.  Thank you.