password synchronization with samba3

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Mar 3 05:14:37 EST 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 09:54 +0100, Christian wrote:
>  samba4, but it looks like I would have to replace all the services
> that work so well for our unix client now - openldap, kerberos, ...,
> with samba just for the windows clients. What do other people do?

Hi
We run around 60 Linux and 20 Windows clients under Samba4 DC's, sharing
the same data from the same file server: cifs to the Linux boxes. With
the rfc2307 and autofs capabilities which come as standard with the
schema and the built in kdc and ldap servers, it works fine. We started
from nothing except user data, but there are domain upgrade scripts
available: samba-tool domain classicupgrade --help

HTH/encourages,
Steve