Replicated LDAP as backend

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Jul 23 17:18:06 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am the administrator of a Kerberos system. The backend of Kerberos is
LDAP. I use it for NFS home-directories and shares. Now there is a
second location of the organisation, they would like to have the same
system there.

What I did is a replication of de LDAP to the new location, so the LDAP
is read-only. And I've installed Kerberos with that LDAP as the backend.
It seems to work. I create accounts on the old location and they are
replicated to the new location. And I can use Kerberos on the new location.

My question is: is this a good setup?

A goal is, that we want to be able to work even when there is no
internet connection between both locations.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl/