principal~.kadm5 & C.

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 22 13:42:48 EDT 2014

We talked about this at our meeting today, and we think this is likely
issue #7860, which I had forgotten about:

    http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=7860

To summarize briefly: there is a compiler bug in the version of gcc used
in Ubuntu 14.04, which can trigger a libdb2 hang.  We have prepared a
workaround, but it isn't in any release yet.

We plan to pull up the workaround to at least 1.12.2, and perhaps try to
get Ubuntu to do an SRU.  In the mean time, if you're up for applying a
source patch, you could try building the Ubuntu package (or the upstream
krb5 1.12.1) with the patch here:

https://github.com/krb5/krb5/commit/26d874412983c4c9979a9f5e7bec51834ad4cda5

and see if it solves your problem.