principal~.kadm5 & C.

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 17 12:49:46 EDT 2014

On 07/17/2014 08:59 AM, Giuseppe Mazza wrote:
> What do you think? Do you need more info?

I think I do need more info.  This helps narrow things down, but there
are still questions:

* Is the process actually stuck within that krb5_db_put_principal call,
or is it somehow in a loop doing put_principal calls over and over again?

* If it is stuck in that call, where is it stuck?  Unfortunately, that
seems to be obscured in the backtrace for lack of symbols.

* What dump record is it processing?  Unfortunately, dump records
contain long-term keys, so communicating them via unencrypted email on
public lists isn't necessarily wise.

Doing a build from source (ideally configured with CFLAGS=-g to avoid
optimizer artifacts) could help answer the second question.