Config file validation

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 6 11:46:09 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014, Karl-Philipp Richter wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been wondering if there's any way to validate Kerberos'
> configuration file(s) (e.g. like `apachectl -S` of the apache2 web
> server), get information about error location or get more than
>
>    krb5kdc: Improper format of Kerberos configuration file while
> initializing krb5
>
> out of an invokation of `krb5kdc` (What is wrong? Where? In which file?).

I don't believe that there is a way to get more information about the
error location or a standalone way to validate the configuration file(s).

We have an entry in our bug tracker about the error messages from config
file parsing, http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=5562 , but
it is not particularly active.

-Ben Kaduk