t_pkinit.py failing in make check for 1.12.1

Alan Braggins alan.braggins at riverbed.com
Mon Jan 27 06:40:05 EST 2014

On 23/01/14 20:47, Tom Yu wrote:
> Alan Braggins <alan.braggins at riverbed.com> writes:
>
>> I get a "make check" failure for ./t_pkinit.py:
>> kinit: Password incorrect while getting initial credentials
[...]
> I can't seem to reproduce this on my x86_64 Ubuntu 12.04 VM.  What CPU
> architecture is your system?  What SSL libraries do you have
> installed?

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 is from OpenSSL 1.0.1
(So is libssl.so, but the krb5 binaries aren't linked to that.)

Our build system has an old version (0.9.7) of the openssl executable
on its default path, but getting rid of that didn't help.

(I wasn't using --with-crypto-impl=openssl in my original build,
but adding it doesn't change the test result.)

However, I don't actually need pkinit (at least not yet), and
if I configure with --disable-pkinit all the remaining tests
pass for me, so while I'm still curious to know what I was doing
wrong, it's not blocking anything for me.

(I was hoping there was an obvious common mistake that someone
else had already come across.)

Thanks,
  Alan