installing auks with torque

Jason Edgecombe jason at rampaginggeek.com
Sun Jan 19 20:43:32 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

We're trying to set up a Linux compute cluster using torque. I would
like the jobs to be able to access each user's AFS space by caching the
user's Kerberos tickets/access.

One solution is auks:
http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw10/talks/wed_3/hautreux_kerberos_hpc.pdf
https://github.com/hautreux/auks

According to https://twiki.ppe.gla.ac.uk/bin/view/Main/TorqueAuks ,
auks needs to be installed on the KDC, but I don't see any need for this
based on my limited understanding of auks and a cursory glance at some
of the auks code. As far as I can tell, auks is like multiple hosts
sharing a ticket cache with k5start.

Can anyone clarify if the auks daemon really needs to be on the KDC? I'm
resistant to installing extra services on the KDC's.

If anyone has any other ideas to pull off a job scheduler with Kerberos
& AFS access, then I'm open to that as well.

Thanks,
Jason