Armor key negotiation in FAST

venkyA subramanian.av at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 14:46:05 EST 2014

I had read through the thread "Armor Key Negotiation in FAST" and understood
how it is being done in AS-REQ.

But for a TGS-REQ, I have trouble understanding how it is done. Why we need
a Armor for a TGS-REQ as the user password is not being in TGS-REQ?

The authenticator which is encrypted with session key would establish the
identity of the user. Why we need an armoring in a TGS-REQ and how it is
done?

Would really appreciate if someone can help me understand.