SAP GUI 7.30 on Mac OS 10.9.5 with Apple Kerberos

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 15 16:00:10 EST 2014

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014, John Burkett, CPA, CITP wrote:

> At Duke we are unable to get SAP GUI 7.30, while using a Kerberos ticket
> with the Apple supplied Kerberos, to authenticate and login to SAP.
>

> Manual login without snc works fine.
>

> Error below is generated when attempting snc login to SAP with Apple
> supplied Kerberos on Maverics OS.
>

> Would appreciate any advice to solve issue.

There is an ABI incompatibility between the GSS-API exposed by the system
libraries on OSX, and the GSS-API expected by the SAPGUI.

I wrote https://github.com/kaduk/osxsnc as a shim to bridge between the
two ABIs; you can build the library and set it as SNC_LIB (or put it in
the same directory as the main binary) to cause it to be used to interpose
the ABIs.

I did not examine the call traces terribly closely, but since you are
using the 64-bit executable, I would expect this to be a problem you are
encountering.

-Ben