Incremental database propagation kpropd error

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 5 17:04:59 EST 2014

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014, Antonio Senatore wrote:

> Hello everybody.
> I do hope this is the correct mailing list.
>
> I have configure kerberos incremental propagation using this guide here:
>
> https://www.soljerome.com/blog/2013/01/12/mit-incremental-database-propagation/
>

> I have one master and one slave KDC, likewise the guide.
>

> However, when I run the kpropd daemon in standalone (debugging mode), I get
> the following message:
>

> kpropd: Incorrect password while initializing kpropd interface, retrying
>

> It auggests that the kprop daemon cannot authenticate, but I'm not sure
> where the problem lies.

Check that the system keytab (/etc/krb5.keytab) on both master and slave
contains the host/f.q.d.n principal corresponding to the machine in
question, and that the machines and the (reverse) DNS all agree on the
hostnames involved, and that they are fully-qualified.

-Ben Kaduk