Adding/discussing several improvements to the build system

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 11 20:46:47 EDT 2014

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014, Michael Osipov wrote:

> Am 2014-08-11 um 16:02 schrieb Greg Hudson:
> > On 08/11/2014 03:40 AM, Michael Osipov wrote:
> >> I have made several improvements to the build files, especially for HP-UX 11 on IA64.
> >>
> >> Where is the best place to discuss then? This list or rather dev@?
> >
> > I assume you mean to MIT krb5?  The best thing to do is file a github
> > pull request at github.com/krb5/krb5.  If you don't have a github
> > account and don't want to create one, krbdev at mit.edu is also okay.
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> I have everything already prepared in a private branch. I will split
> that up and rework on top of master or rather branch krb-1.12. It that
> ok? I'd like to have the improvement be part of 1.12.2 and not wait for
> 1.13.

Changes destined for release branches must go through master unless the
relevant code has been removed from master or has been completely
rewritten for master.  The committer will add the appropriate tags for
pulling up the commit and its target version (per
http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Committer_resources#RT_headers) if they
are not already present.

> Pull requests will arrive soon.

Thanks.