Windows KDC - Delegation Option

Vipul Mehta vipulmehta.1989 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:48:05 EDT 2014

Your understanding is correct but credential delegation requirements are
API dependent instead of platform.

For Unix :
Putty uses MIT Kerberos - GSS API. When you enable delegation in putty it
requests GSS_C_DELEG_FLAG instead of GSS_C_DELEG_POLICY_FLAG which doesn't
check ok_as_delegate_flag, hence there is no need to set delegation option
in Active Directory for credential delegation.

For Windows:
Putty uses SSPI in my opinion which requires delegation option in Active
Directory to be set for credential delegation as it checks
ok_as_delegate_flag.

This is all based on my understanding of Kerberos. Someone having more
experience can please correct if i am wrong here.

--
Regards,
Vipul