Accessing Kerberos NFS version 4 (not 2, 3) via /net automounter with kinit only (no /etc/krb5.conf access)

Wang Shouhua shouhuaw at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 05:24:28 EDT 2014

Lets recap:

1. Requirements:
- Linux or Solaris
- NFS automounter set up at /net
- Kerberos5 configured for realm EXAMPLE2.COM, rpc.gssd running
- A NFS server (version 4 only) nfsserver.most.gov.cn exists in the
realm MOST.GOV.CN, with a subdir of test3

2. Goal:
A user provides his password to obtain a ticket for user2 at MOST.GOV.CN
(optionally nfs at MOST.GOV.CN, if this is a requirement to do a mount),
and is then able to cd into /net/nfsserver.most.gov.cn/test3, and do a
successful ls -al there

Is that possible?

Wang