Problem with database replication

Jürgen Obermeyer om at oegym.de
Fri Sep 27 04:23:30 EDT 2013

Hi Jeremy!

Here is a complete overview of my activities:

- full propagation of the database fails, hanging on entry number 700 (I
don't know if this number is correct, it's only an example)

- full propagation of the database with entry 700 deleted fails

- update of the single entry 700 fails

- update of the single entries 699 and 701 fails

- update of my own principal entry was successful (!)

- a dump of the slave database fails

So I stopped the krb5-kdc on the slave, deleted all files in
/var/lib/krdb5kdc, created a new database and tried to import a fresh
dump file - and the process hangs on entry number 700.

So it seems to be a problem with the master database? But as I sayed
yesterday, the dump file (opened in an editor) seems to be ok. Is there
another possibility to check the integrity of the master database - and
to repair it if necessary?

Total confusion now ...

Kind regards,

Jürgen