Problem with database replication

Jürgen Obermeyer admin at oegym.de
Thu Sep 26 05:25:38 EDT 2013

Hi Jeremy!

Thank you for your long answer! You're right; the information given are
insufficient - it was very late yesterday ... so I'll try to do better now:

Master: Debian stable (Wheezy) with krb5-kdc version 1.10.1+dfsg-5+deb7u1.

Slave: Debian testing (Jessie) with krb-kdc version 1.11.3+dfsg-3.

As you can see, the two version differs - I didn't change the
configuration recently, I did only the normal system updates.

And yes, I'm using kprop with full propagation. The dump is generated by

kdb5_util dump <dump_file>

and then propagated to the slave by

kprop -f <dump_file> my.slave.computer

> So assuming it is a database corruption and you see that some entries
> have been loaded, you may suppose that it is the last entry or next one
> or two entries not reported that is the cause of the problem.

Ok. Now I generated a fresh dump file. 'head -1' says

kdb5_util load_dump version 6

Now I opened the dump file in an editor, but it seems to be ok.

Then I tried on the slave:

kdb5_util load -r18 -verbose <dump_file>

... but no succes. The process hangs always at (or after?) the same entry.

> You can dump individual principals to a dump file and try to load them
> on the slave to see if they are the cause of the problem.

I did this with several single entries, but also without success. The
kdb5_util process never returns ... I have to kill it with CTRL-C.

Further help will be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Jürgen