Problem with database replication

Jürgen Obermeyer admin at oegym.de
Wed Sep 25 17:03:35 EDT 2013

Good evening from Germany,

I spend days in reading tons of Kerberos-docs, but I didn't find a
solution to the following problem – maybe somebody can help me here?
The database replication between my Kerberos master and slave doesn't
work any more. The database dump is generated and transfered to the
slave, but the update process hangs after the processing of some entries
and the CPU load is nearly at 100% - „top“ lists the kdb5_util tool as
originator.

I tried also to import the database dump manually with the verbose
option – so I can see that some entries are imported and than the
process hangs.

So I stopped my cron job doing the replication (first problem), but now
I can see that the CPU usage of the krb5kdc process is nearly at 100%
(second process).

I have really no idea what to do none and I need some help!
Thanks a lot in advance!

Jürgen