Anonymous kerberos and bootstrapping new hosts - how to?

James Croall jcroall at coverity.com
Sat Sep 7 12:32:04 EDT 2013

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the detailed response! Indeed I am in a position to rebuild my
kerberos binaries, and the patch you suggested did the trick. I can
authenticate into kadmin with the anonymous principal.

And I was puzzled about how in the world to extract the key with only
"add" privileges -- your suggestion of starting with a password and then
authenticating in with that password to extract does the trick!

However one last bit of confusion -- what option in there randomizes the
key? Is that implicit in the extract?

Thanks!! Perhaps we will be one of the first users of this capability, I
wasn't too keen on setting up an ssh back-channel into my hosts.

- James

James Croall | Senior Product Manager
Coverity | 185 Berry Street | Suite 6500, Lobby 3 | San Francisco, CA
94107
Office: 415.694.5354 | Mobile: 202.246.6613 | jcroall at coverity.com
The Leader in Development Testing