KDC won't start after fresh install

Sebastian Singer sebastian.singer at kesslar.de
Thu Sep 5 11:24:08 EDT 2013

 Commented all entries concerning ipv6 (just localhost entries),
# ifconfig -a
shows ipv4 IP addresses only.
Restarted krb5-admin and krb5-kdc: same error.

Triple-checked /etc/krb5.conf, /etc/hosts, /etc/networks/interface and iptables entries.

Guess I need a break for an hour or two. Feel like a mouse in a trap. I fear that in the end it is one of those trivial things I have omitted ...
Thanks so far,
Sebastian